Friday, December 30, 2011

Unique Experiences I've had on Guam



This poor piggy gave his life for our party after the Novena (prayers and singing songs in front of the manger scene in your home) at Ria's Aunt Mary and Uncle Rick's house. It was very yummy and juicey but the Chamaros (local people from Guam) like to eat the crispy skin...I tried it but it was not for me, very fatty. I also tried turtle but I can't take a picture of that because it is sort of illegal and I will deny it if anyone asks!
This  is a restuarant right down the road from my house up on the hill and it is only open on Thursday and Snday. THursday is Mongolian BBQ night, which is when I went. It was wonderful and such a great view. This is the chef cooking our creations while we wait and watch! They cook about 5 meals at a time so you have to keep your eye on yours so you get the right dish!
These "pretty" spiders are everywhere, yellow and lavendar bodies.
Lizards are everywhere....including my bathroom which makes me less than happy. This is Cash's (the 2 yr old) lizard I talked about on an earlier blog.
These 2 pictures our of a homemade manger scene at the seminary I went to for the Christmas concert. It was made from coral and rocks and seaweed and moss from the area. It was very intricate and beautiful and these two pictures do not give it justice!

1 comment:

  1. Those are scary lookin' spiders! Love the pics, can't believe the locals eat the pigs skin, yuck!

    ReplyDelete