Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christams in Guam

So I still can't wrap my head around a warm, humid Christmas. Not to mention, Christmas lights on palm trees. All very hard to accept as I drive down the rode with the AC on in the car and sing Christmas carols with the radio! I could get used to this. I don't miss the cold at all but I'm not sure I will believe Christmas actually took place this year without my kids and cold weather. I just may have to join my sister in South Carolina when I get back...Mark get the house packed and call Kathy Kouts, we may have to move to a warmer climate! 
This tree was at Chamaro village on Wednesday night when they have a local "festival", local food, craft booths and a band. The senoirs were having a blast. One gentleman looked 75+ yrs old and he was out on the dance floor doing a line dance. It was cute.
I had some local cuisine and even drank coconut water fresh from the coconut and then the guy cuts it open and scrapes out the meat of the coconut for you...very yummy. It was  fun night.
This is the hotel lobby tree. And Christmas music is playing in the background most of the time. At this very moment "I saw mommy kissing santa clause last night" is playing over the radio. I sure do wish this mommy was kissing my Santa Clause right now! Well that is Christmas in Guam so far. I will let you know what else I do when it gets closer.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the Christmas lights! Just now looking at your blog, guess I should need to get into work, haha! Hope you are having a great day! What is the time difference there?

    ReplyDelete