Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My first day on the island

I got into the airport at 10:30 pm Sunday and it was all a blur. After 26+ hours of travel I finally made it to Guam. It was pitch black outside and luckily my sponsor and I hooked up at the airport and all I had to do was follow her to the Westin Hotel.

My first observation, Christmas lights on palm trees seems very odd to me! Pretty, but odd. The 2nd oddity is that it is warm outside, yet there is a huge Christmas tree in the lobby of the hospital. I have never had a warm Christmas before in my life!!!! So weird to hear Christmas music on the radio and have the AC running in my car! I just can't get over all that. I may not believe that I will even have Christmas this year.

But onto other things...I was up early the next day to a sunny, yet rainy Island. I predict I will see alot of  rainbows here on Guam because it is always raining and always sunny at someplace on the Island. And, if you do not like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change, that "rain, rain, go away" song really works here! I have already seen one full rainbow and have been told that double rainbows are common also but I haven't seen one yet.

The check in process at the hospital is long and tedious but I am almost done. I saw my first 2 pts today (Thursday). So far, so good. I still don't have a phone or all my computer access but it is what it is. Very weird to go cold turkey without a cell phone. I feel like I'm missing a limb!

Well I best get to work. My lunch break is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment