Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jeff's Pirate Cove-My first adventure out on the Island

Jeff's Pirate Cove is a restaurant out a ways on the West side of the Island (I think). I got lost several times trying to get there and back but I did eventually make it there and back to my Hotel1 My husband is a American history buff so this video is for you...WWII bunker. As the story goes, there was a Japanese man who live in the jungle right outside the area around the restaurant for 30 yrs. He was captured in 1972 and went back to Japan where he died in 1997. Can you imagine living in the jungle for 30 years...I think I would rather shoot myself.  These are just a few of the things I saw there.
The owner found these bottles on the shore during walks...pretty cool.
The shells actually have something living in them.
Like a jelly fish-you don't want to touch them. Forgot the name of them. They pop like a balloon if you step on them..oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment