Saturday, December 17, 2011

My day as a tourist!

Well today is my last night at the Westin Resort.  I spent the day being a tourist for the first time and I actually got into the water. I actually just figured out a few good tricks to spending my time here and I am leaving…doesn’t that figure. At this very moment, I am watching the sun set and typing out stories for my blog. Up until now I always went to the lobby because that is where the internet is but now I am typing out my story on a word document by the pool and I can copy and paste later into the actual blog….I wish I wasn’t such a slow learner!


But anyway, today is Saturday and it was tourist day for me. I finally got into the ocean. I started my day with a fun chat with my hubby, mom and dad and jo jo and my friend Sarah.  I said hi to Cameron and Corrine but they were too busy playing with friends or watching tv to talk to me. That’s ok, I hope that means they are doing just fine without me! Dad’s taking good care of them.


Then I paid $30 to have a local islander take me out in a kayak and go snorkeling. It was a lot of fun. I didn’t see anything outrageous but it was all very pretty. The fish are small but such beautiful colors- rainbow colors to match all the rainbows I’ve been seeing on the island. I even saw two blue star fish.  I went out later on my own and that was fun too. I learned that snorkeling isn’t my favorite thing, I actually got nauseous from the salt water and I didn’t even get that much in my mouth.


Silverbells is playing in the background as I sit in a sun dress watching people swim in the ocean…still too weird to comprehend! Anyway, back to my day, I had my first drink to go with being a tourist, a frozen mango, berry drink with vodka. Good but more just fun to have a drink outside by the pool. Not worth the $9 but had to say I did it.


Every night I have gotten home to watch the sun set, I see the same big bright star right by the hotel  and I always make my wish that Mark and my family are doing well without me and I am pretty sure my wish is coming true. I have been wishing on stars since I have been a kid and I hope to never stop till God calls me home, it is fun!


There is a wedding reception in the hotel tonight, hope they have a great time and a great life together.  Weddings are always fun.

I know these are random thoughts but it is just what I have been thinking about today.  I need to head to my room and pack, check out time is noon and I want to go to church again tomorrow. Should I go to a new church or the same church as last week…decisions decisions.  
So as I start to pack,  I can’t find my shoes, my favorite flip flops…one drink and I lose my flip flops. I really need to go cold turkey I suppose. So I head down to the pool, it is very dark and no flip flops to be found. Of course I pray to Saint Anthony to help me find my shoes and it starts raining. I take cover under the bar overhang and wait out the rain for a few minutes…then I decide to run for it to head back in to the hotel.  And as I am jogging past the towel lady I see something black sitting on the counter that could be my shoes…and they were! Saint Anthony always comes through…every time!!! Thank you Saint Anthony for getting my shoes back for me…you are the best! So much for that drink I talked about above, it tasted watered down but it must of done something since I almost lost my shoes! LOL

So, I am doing laundry and packing up my stuff, ready for the big move. I am also hungry. I better grab something to eat. What a day. I hope tomorrow is just as nice.
Sweet dreams.

1 comment: