Friday, December 9, 2011

Navy Hospital Guam

This is my job location. It is a very old Hospital and construction on a new hospital is under way now. I hear they will just knock this down when the new one is up and running. So much for updating, just knock it down. Everyone is super nice but I still don't have anyone to hang out with yet. Everytime I just pause in a hallway, someone asks me if I need help...are they polite or am I just that pathetic looking??!!

My sponsor is super sweet and has come in on her sick leave to orientate me a little each day but she is 9 months pregnant and in lots of pain. I don't expect her to be entertaining me.

Some of you know that one of my goals while I am here is to get back into to some type of better physical health and even drop a few pounds. I have completed one week of duty and I haven't used the elevator one time at work...it is 4 stories and I have been everywhere in that hospital checking into every single department just about. Plus I have done a 30 minute exercise at the hotel the last 4 days before work...great start if I do say so myself. I don't see anychanges yet but I have around 80 more days to make progress.

Well I am off to my hotel room to veg. If only I had some veggies to eat...no refrigerator in my room or microwave. Hard to eat healthy...off to the grocery store tomorrow. Thank goodness it is the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment