Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday

So today has been a kind of quiet day for me. I worked on Continuing Education so I do not get my RD (registered dietitian) license taken away...I have to do 75 hours in 5 years. My five years are up in 16 months and I only have 20 hours completed...50 more to go. I am trying to get a good chunk knocked out while I am on the island because it is so hard to get done at home. I really don't want to have to worry about it anymore...

I also ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill today and it really didn't hurt that much...could I really be improving?? I think I am going to shoot for the cow bell half marathon in October if St. Charles has it again this year. I surely won't be ready in April for the GoSt.Louis 1/2 marathon.  Any takers?? everyone ignored my last request. If no one is interested I will probably sign up with fleet feet to train with them so I have some accountability when I get back. They have running groups.

I went to church today and the music was awesome. It always makes me miss my family so much since church is such a family event back home, I miss holding Jo Jo in my lap/arms while I sing. I still sway back and forth even when I am not holding him, people probably think I have "problems" swaying for no reason in church!!!

Right now I am at the USO using their computers, actually a MAC. I like the keyboard and the screen is large so I can actually see what I am typing, unlike my tiny tiny tiny tiny laptop. My eyes are shot, can't wait for my eye apt on the 18th so I can get the glasses I so desperately need.

Well the USO is starting to close up so I will sign off and post this...still can't get videos to upload at home...ugggg. Will post more pictures soon. This is an orchid that grows in a field like wild flowers...cool.

One last shout out to a special friend's husband...I'm sorry the Lion's lost. Better luck next season. I was really rooting for you!

Hugs,
Brandee

2 comments:

  1. Have a good week Brandee!
    I could try the marathon thing, but don't think I can run, I could walk real fast though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could run, freaks me out! Maybe you can help me when you get back. Thanks for the shout out, it made him laugh! Every time I was on the computer this weekend I didn't see you, we could catch up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete