Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I have been away from the blog for over a week...I guess time is going fast on Guam, but not fast enough...I think I have hit my limit of pleasure and I am ready to head home. I have so much respect for all the military men and women that spend so much time away from their families but I certainly hope I do not ever have to spend this much time away from my family ever again.

As for my latest adventures I spent the past weekend with a special friend of mine I met when I was in Japan on my 2 week AT for the Navy about 9 yrs ago, Ms. Kiyomi. She came over on Friday and spent the weekend with me. We haven't seen each other in about 5 yrs when she came to the USA to visit with me and my family.
We had a great time out together and touring the island together. We headed up North to Ratidian beach at the very northern tip of the island. It was the most beautiful white, smooth sand and clear blue water...gorgeous!!


Then the next day we headed down south to find the exact opposite type of beach...hard to tell from this picture but the sand is black. It comes from volcanic rock deep under the island (according to our friend/tour guide). It was still cool to see, but not the beautiful beaches of the north!
This is called "Bear Rock" as it is said to look like a bear! I think every single state has some rock that looks like something...funny!

Anyway, It was a fun weekend and so great to see my friend.

1 comment: