Monday, January 16, 2012

More fun in Guam

Is that a chicken crossing the road, no a Carabao...I see these all around the island and especially right outside my apartment in the green field near by.  So the story goes that there is one guy who lives in town with his carobao and booney dogs (muts) and you can see him walk along the road with the booney dogs riding on the back of the carabao...and at Christmas the dogs were dressed up in santa hats! I haven't seen him yet but I always have my eyes open.
Today I went up north to explore. Anderson Airforce base is up there and I ended up on this jungle road (off base) with more potholes than I have ever driven on in my life. (thank goodness it was a rental car) This little chapel (I suppose) was on the side of the road. And below you can see the view from the road to the beach actually on the base. It was raining most of the day but right before I was heading back to the south side (Navy side), the sun peaked out for a few minutes...then rained the whole drive home.
It was pretty good day, ready to get back to work tomorrow. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful. Guys are at hockey game. it was exciting for them.

    jo and Anton are happy to be together...

    ReplyDelete