Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another Day Down!

Every day is one day closer to my return to St.Charles, MO. Don't get me wrong, I love Guam and I love all the people I've met here but I am now in return mode and am counting down the days more closely than I ever remember as a kid at Christmas.!  This blog is to keep in touch with family, share experiences and journal my trip so I never forget my adventures on Guam. And right now all I feel is how badly I want to be home with me family. 

My friend Ria does cultural dance, it is very beautiful and fun to watch. Her daughter also does it professionally.
Bell tower in the Southern part of the Island.




I had a nice weekend with friends, listened to 2 local bands, Friday-liquid courage and Saturday-Jesse and Ruby. Also went to Charrusos, a brazilian BBQ. It was more protein than a person needs in a month but it was delicous. Sunday-Ria invited me to a friends house for a going away party...food, fun and laughter. They all had been friends for years, the connection was dance, either they danced together or their kids danced together but now they were family. How fun to just listen to them share old stories and laugh and tease each other and pick on one another. Reminds me of my family a few years back on both sides of the family before my grandparents died. It seems like everyone was more fun and happy to be together to share stories and harrass each other when they were alive. I miss those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment